Training Level 4: suicide awareness and risk screening
One day in-house training delivered by Wellbeing Services team.
Aims of the session are to;
- Provide in-depth training in suicide awareness and skills building, use of video and role plays
- Extend participant’s knowledge of suicide, including precipitating and protective factors
- Introduce a theoretical framework to better understand underpinning causes of suicidal behaviours (Joiner)
- Introduce a suicide-screening tool to encourage consistent practice in asking relevant questions to determine next steps in risk management
- Skills practice:
- application of screening tool and
- decision-making re next steps
- Personal reflections on course content and self-care
- Raise awareness of how and where to access appropriate support for yourself after contact with a suicidal student
Book onto level 4 training
- Link to Trent Course booking»
If you have any enquiries, please email WellbeingTrainingTeam@exeter.ac.uk
Q&As in here.