Dr Anurag Roy
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Industrial Impact Fellow)
Environment and Sustainability Institute ESI Solar Lab Wing
Environment and Sustainability Institute, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9FE, UK
Research & Development; Material Synthesis and Characterization; Instrumental Analysis; Solar Cell Fabrication and analysis; Project Management
Well conversant with operation of various advance instruments like Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, UV-Visible-NIR Spectrophotometer, Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy, Dynamic Light Scattering and Zeta analysis, Thermogravimetric Analysis, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, X-ray Diffraction, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, Solar Stimulator, Colorimeter, Potentiometer, Conductometer, pH meter, Scanning Electron Microscopy, BET Surface area and BJH pore size analysis, Polarimeter, Salt Spray Test, Cyclic Voltammetry, Fluorescence Spectrophotometer, Raman Spectrometer, Contact Angle Measurements, Spin Coating, Electrospinning Techniques and various solar application instruments like solar stimulators, IPCE, I-V testing etc.
Present Post-Doctoral Researcher (Industry Impact Fellow)
2019 PhD (Chemistry) : CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, India
2013 M.Sc. (Chemistry): Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad, India
2011 B.Sc. (Chemistry): University of Calcutta, India
- Newton-Bhabha PhD placement award for 2016-2017 funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and British Council.
- Selected as International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Affiliated Member of 2018.
- First class first gold medallist in M.Sc. (Chemistry) from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, India in 2013.
- “Namita Chakraborty Memorial Gold Medal” award winner for being highest departmental scorer in B.Sc. (Honours)-2011
- Junior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2014-2016)
- Senior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2016-2019)
- Synthesis, characterization of new and alternative materials for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC).
- Cell fabrication and measurement for dye sensitized solar cell applications.
- Synthesis, characterization of new renewable energy sources and energy harvesting materials.
- Structural, micro structural, optical and electronic properties correlation of different semiconducting oxides and sulfides such as TiO2, ZnO, SnO2, Zn2SnO4, BaSnO3, Cd2SnO4/CdSnO3, CdS, CuCdS etc.
- Explosion of Graphene, carboneous materials (carbon allotropes, characterization, application).
- Exposure of synthesize materials various material characterization techniques.
- Pervoskite materials synthesis and their effective performance in solar cells.
List of Publication (2014 onwards)
- Triveni Kumar Mahto, Anurag Roy, Banalata Sahoo and Sumanta Kumar Sahu, Citric Acid Functionalized Magnetic Ferrite Nanoparticles for Photocatalytic Degradation of Azo Dye, Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 2014, 14, 1-8. (IF: 1.354)
- Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Enhanced Stability of Zn2SnO4 With N719, N3 And Eosin Y Dye Molecules For DSSC Application, , Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 1429-1438. (IF: 3.906)
- Anurag Roy, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Srikrishna Pramanik, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, Selective Detection of Escherichia coli DNA using Fluorescent Carbon Spindles, , Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18,12270-12277. (IF: 3.906)
- Abhishek Pathak, Anurag Roy and Manindra Manna, Recovery of Zinc from Industrial Waste Pickling Liquor, Hydrometallurgy 2016, 163, 161-166. (IF: 3.300)
- Oluwaseun Adedokun, Anurag Roy, Ayodeji O. Awodugba and P. Sujatha Devi, Fluorescent Carbon Nanoparticles from Citrus sinensis as Efficient Sorbents for Pollutant Dyes, Luminescence 2017, 32, 62-70. (IF: 1.671)
- Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, Zn2SnO4 as an Alternative Photoanode for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells: Current Status and Future Scope, Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society 2016, 75(3), 1-8. (Platinum jubilee volume edition) (IF: 0.761)
- Partha Pratim Das¶, Anurag Roy¶, Mukta Tathavadekar and P. Sujatha Devi, Photovoltaic and Photocatalytic Performance of Green Emitting Electrospun Zn2SnO4 Hollow Fibers, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2017, 203, 692-703. (¶ Equal contribution) (IF: 11.698)
- Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Mukta Tathavadekar, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Performance of Colloidal CdS Sensitized Solar Cells with ZnO nanorods/nanoparticles, Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology 2017, 8, 210-221. (IF: 2.968)
- Pratanu Nag, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, Iron Antimonate Quantum Dots Exhibiting Tunable Visible Light Emission, New Journal of Chemistry 2017, 41, 1436-1446. (IF:3.201)
- Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, Perforated BaSnO3 Nanorods Exhibiting Enhanced Efficiency in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 3299-3310. (IF: 6.140)
- Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Shruti A. Agarkar and P. Sujatha Devi, Hydrothermally Synthesized Fluorescent Zn2SnO4 Nanoparticles for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Dyes and Pigments, 2018, 154, 303-313. (IF: 3.767)
- Anurag Roy, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, P. Sujatha Devi and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Morphology Tuned BaSnO3 Active Layer for Ambient Perovskite Solar Cell, Materials Letters, 2018, 219, 166-169. (IF:2.687)
- Partha Pratim Das, Srikrishna Pramanik, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Anurag Roy, Arindam Saha, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, Synthesis of Multiband Fluorescent Graphitic Carbon Nanoparticles from Queen of Oils, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 10127-10139. (IF: 6.140)
- Anurag Roy, P. Sujatha Devi, S. Karazhanov, D. Mamedov, T.K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, A review on applications of Cu2ZnSnS4 as alternative counter electrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells, AIP Advances, 2018, 8, 070701. (IF: 1.653)
- Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Anurag Roy, Habib Ullah, P. Sujatha Devi, Asif Ali Tahir, Tapas Kumar Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Soft- Template Synthesis of High Surface Area Mesoporous TiO2 for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, International Journal of Energy Research, 2019, 43, 523-534. (IF: 3.001)
- Anurag Roy, Soumita Mukhopadhyay, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, Polyaniline Layered Rutile TiO2 Nanorods as Alternative Photoanode in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, ACS Omega, 2019, 4, 1130-1138.
- Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, Template Free Synthesis of CdSnO3 Micro Cuboids for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A : Chemistry, 2019, 380, 111824 (1-10).
- Anurag Roy, Puja Ghosh, Soumita Mukhopadhyay and P. Sujatha Devi, Unusual Phase Transformation of Anatase TiO2 Nanoparticles to Brookite TiO2 Nanorods and Their Performance in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells (Under Revision).
ORCHID ID: 0000-0002-2097-9442
Researcher ID: H-4438-2015, Scopus Author ID: 57189000541
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=9IBGVyYAAAAJ&hl=en
Publications by category
Publications by year
Anurag_Roy Details from cache as at 2019-10-14 16:34:23