View more images of Exeter Halls on Flickr.
Living in halls has been a wonderful experience. I have met a great bunch of people and made friends who I will cherish for my entire life.
Exeter Halls resident
Exeter Halls(34 35 36)
c/o Lopes Hall
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TH
Exeter Halls key facts
Lopes Hall has 25 single and 32 twin standard rooms, all with washbasins except for one single and three twin rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents, one shower for nine residents and one bath for eleven students.
Please be aware that construction works for new student residences - Spreytonway and East Park - are currently taking place in close proximity to Lopes Hall. The works will continue throughout 2019/20.
For more information on the projects, please visit the Campus Developments webpages.
Ransom Pickard is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 42 single and 22 twin standard rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents and one shower for five residents.
Pennsylvania Court is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 177 single en-suite rooms arranged in clusters of up to nine rooms with a utility room.
Accessibility information about Lopes Hall is available on the AccessAble website.
To see more images of these residences, please view our Flickr gallery.
Our image gallery shows typical examples of the food which is served in catered halls.
Meals for Exeter Halls residents are served at Lopes Hall.
- Oversubscribed residence. Approximately three applications per room
- When applying for a standard room you may be offered a twin (shared room)
- 32 week contract period
- 10 minute walk to centre of campus
- Study room in Lopes Hall
- Laundry facilities
- Common room with television
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms at Pennsylvania Court and Ransom Pickard*
- Close to the Cornwall House Music Practice Rooms
- Residents must move out during the Easter vacation
*Once we have allocated all students with special requirements, any remaining adapted rooms will be allocated to the next student requesting accommodation.
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Twin standard||£5,626.66||£5,688.54||32|
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Single standard||£6,057.61||£6.123.91||32|
Exeter Halls has single beds (three feet wide) except Pennsylvania Court which has double beds (four feet six inches wide).
- Lopes Hall: single standard rooms are approximately 10.2m2 (3050mm x 3350mm) and twin standard rooms are approximately 15.6m2 (3050mm x 5120mm).
- Ransom Pickard: single standard rooms are approximately 10.2m2 (2670mm x 3810mm) and twin standard rooms are approximately 15.6m2 (3860mm x 4030mm).
- Pennsylvania Court: single en-suite rooms (including bathroom) are approximately 15.1m2 (2870mm x 5250mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Some of the rooms in Pennsylvania Court have a safe however, there may not be one in every room. If you are allocated a room which does not have a safe when you arrive, it will not be possible for us to provide one in the room.
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet is available from Glide Student. You will need to register online to receive access.
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms; students can use a laptop or desktop to watch TV. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV or BBC iPlayer from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall and Mardon Hall) see our meal times below for information about when your meal will be served. Please note that your meal can only be eaten in the dining hall which has been allocated to you.
Please visit our 'about catered halls' webpage for information about the menus which are being served. A number of themed dinners also take place throughout the day e.g. Christmas, Valentines Day, Star Wars Day (4 May) and St Patricks Day etc.
||Saturday and Sunday:
11:15am - 1:30pm
5:30pm - 7:15pm
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available. If you have a specific dietary requirement, please speak to our chefs.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall and Mardon Hall).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat in a catered hall the following rates apply:
|Visitors and Staff|
Please note that due to VAT legislation, for guests eating within Halls, students must be able to provide proof that they are students of University of Exeter by producing their Exeter ID Card. All other visitors, including students from other Universities must pay VAT.