Researcher Development Essentials
Researcher Development Essentials are the core of our programme, and is made up of a series of workshops and webinars to support you throughout your research degree - from doing your literature review to preparing for your viva.
You can find a full list and book onto upcoming courses on Inkpath, a booking system designed specifically for researcher training and development programmes.
- Focus on...getting started q&a panel
- Handling difficult conversations with your supervisors
- Critical thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available
- Creative thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available
- What is Open Access? Hybrid session - online or face to face
- Conducting a literature review: searching, reading and note-taking
- Conducting a literature review: critiquing, structuring and writing
- Focus on....preparing for your upgrade
- Maintaining momentum and focus after your upgrade
- Preparing for your viva online and face to face sessions available
- Focus on... the viva q&a panel
- Drafting your thesis online and face to face sessions available
- Writing a chapter online and face to face sessions available
- Perfectly imperfect writing practices for your thesis
Supporting your wellbeing:
- Managing Stress
- Confidence and Resilience
- What to do when things go wrong: Using challenges, messiness and discomfort as a resource
- Kickstart your PhD with joy, clarity and ease
- We’re all in this together: A peer-directed workshop
- Finding your way out of a rut using Lego Serious Play
You can access the following brand new online courses on our Exeter Learning Environment page:
R, D and the In-Betweens is a podcast about researchers, development…and everything in-between! In this podcast Kelly Preece (Researcher Development Manager) speaks to researchers and Higher Education professionals about being a researcher, working in a research environment and all that may entail. So far this has included episodes on research communication, writing up, being a BAME researcher, research ethics and much more! You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts and Stitcher!
If you are listening from an computer please click the links below, which also include full transcriptions of each episode.