Researcher Development Essentials
Researcher Development Essentials are the core of our programme, and is made up of a series of workshops and webinars to support you throughout your research degree - from doing your literature review to preparing for your viva.
- Focus on...getting started q&a panel - date tbc
- Handling difficult conversations with your supervisors - date tbc
- Critical thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available - facilitated by Dr. Chris Russell- dates tbc
- Creative thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available - facilitated by Dr. Chris Russell- dates tbc
- What is Open Access? Hybrid session - online or face to face - facilitated by Caroline Huxtable and Imogen Ward-Smith- date tbc
- Conducting a literature review: searching, reading and note-taking - date tbc
- Conducting a literature review: critiquing, structuring and writing - date tbc
- Focus on....preparing for your upgrade - date tbc
- Maintaining momentum and focus after your upgrade - date tbc
- Preparing for your viva online and face to face sessions available - facilitated by Dr Chloe Asker- dates tbc
- Focus on... the viva q&a panel - date tbc
- Drafting your thesis online and face to face sessions available - facilitated by Dr Chloe Asker- dates tbc
- Writing a chapter online and face to face sessions available - facilitated by Dr Chloe Asker- dates tbc
- Perfectly imperfect writing practices for your thesis - facilitated by Jamie Khoo from The Messy PhD
Supporting your wellbeing:
- Managing Stress - date tbc
- Confidence and Resilience - date tbc
- What to do when things go wrong: Using challenges, messiness and discomfort as a resource - faciliated by Jamie Khoo from The Messy PhD
- Kickstart your PhD with joy, clarity and ease - faciliated by Jamie Pei from The Messy PhD
- We’re all in this together: A peer-directed workshop - facilitated by Jamie Pei from The Messy PhD
- Finding your way out of a rut using Lego Serious Play
You can find a full list and book onto upcoming courses on Inkpath, a booking system designed specifically for researcher training and development programmes.
You can access the following brand new online courses on our Exeter Learning Environment page:
- Planning ahead: developing yourself and your skills - developed by Kelly Preece, Researcher Development Manager
- Starting your thesis: preparing for your literature review - developed by Paige Robinson, PGR in Biosciences
- Working with your supervisors - developed by Charlotte Spence, PGR in Classics and Ancient History
- Project managing your thesis - developed by James Woodhams, PGR in Drama and Kelly Preece, Researcher Development Manager
- Maintaining Momentum, Productivity and Wellbeing - developed by Debbie Kinsey, PGR in Medicine and Kate Massey-Chase, PGR in Drama
- Preparing for your viva - developed by Dr. Edward Mills, Postdoctoral Research Associate in Modern Languages
R, D and the In-Betweens is a podcast about researchers, development…and everything in-between! In this podcast Kelly Preece (Researcher Development Manager) speaks to researchers and Higher Education professionals about being a researcher, working in a research environment and all that may entail. So far this has included episodes on research communication, writing up, being a BAME researcher, research ethics and much more! You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts and Stitcher!
If you are listening from an computer please click the links below, which also include full transcriptions of each episode.