The Cornwall Research Hub
- machine learning,
- big data analytics,
- computational statistics and artificial intelligence (AI) methods to solve various challenges arising in control theory and optimisation,
- dynamical systems,
- signal, image and video processing,
- large-scale and computing intensive numerical modelling with diverse application areas in renewable energy, environment, geosciences and mining engineering,
- mathematical and computational biology,
- fluid dynamics,
- biomedical engineering,
- AI for industrial innovation and business,
- space plasma physics/space weather.
It aims to facilitate co-ordination of cross-disciplinary theoretical and applied research on data science and AI in the context of regional expertise in Cornwall and internationally, by engaging with local and global industries, small and medium-size business and other stakeholders. We closely work with the colleagues from the Environment Mathematics (Enviro-Math), Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI), Centre for Ecology and Conservation (CEC), Camborne School of Mines (CSM), Renewable Energy and Energy Policy Group at the Penryn Campus, and the European Centre for Environment & Human Health (ECEHH) at the Truro Campus. In the ESI based data science and AI activities, we apply dynamical systems and control theory to issues in natural and human population demography, resource management, conservation ecology, biodiversity and environmental growth, and cyber-physical systems in the context of health and well-being.
The IDSAI Cornwall Hub aims to bring together diverse complementary expertise using both quantitative and qualitative data from physical, environmental, biological, medical, engineering, economic and social sciences in order to create new transdisciplinary collaborations and novel research project ideas.
Four new MSc applied data science courses
- MSc Applied Data Science and Modelling
- MSc Applied Data Science (Renewable Energy):
- MSc Applied Data Science (Environment and Sustainability)
- MSc Applied Data Science (Ecology and Evolution)