Registration is the process by which you agree to the University’s current regulations. It is a requirement for both new and returning students to complete registration at the start of your studies in each academic year.
Registration for most students takes place online in the Student Record System.
All students will receive a notification when they need to register:
- New Students receive this notification in your Welcome email from Admissions. Before you can register online, you will need to activate your IT account.
- Returning students receive this notification by email to your University account.
- New international students usually cannot complete University registration until you have completed International Student Clearance, as detailed in your Welcome email from Admissions.
- International students returning to study after an interruption may not be able to complete University registration until you have completed International Student Clearance, please check your "Returning from interruption" e-mail.
How to access online registration
- Log in to the Student Record System using your short username and password.
- In the Student Record System, if you have been cleared to register you will see a red box "Welcome to online registration". Click on the "REGISTER NOW" link to enter the online registration pages.
If you have not been cleared to register, or do not need to register, you should see a message telling you why you cannot or do not need to register
Please note that the release of your Student Maintenance Loan (if due) is linked to the registration process. The Student Loans Company should pay your loan directly into your bank account within four working days of either the start of your programme, the date you register online, or the date your student funding application is full approved - whichever is later.
Consequences of Non registration
If you do not complete online registration by the deadline noted in your registration email you will lose your IT access and library borrowing rights and may have your period of study terminated. If you think you have registered but are still receiving reminders to register, you have not yet completed registration and are required to do so.
Online Registration for 2022/23 academic year or earlier
Online registration for the 2022/23 academic year has closed. If you need to register for an earlier year, you will need to register on paper. Please contact your relevant Student information point/hub in the first instance.
Online Registration for 2023/24 academic year
The following table details the online registration periods for students commencing or resuming their studies during the 2023/24 academic year. Specific information regarding these periods of registration will be sent to all relevant students, either from Admissions (new students) or Student Records (returning students).
|Period / Student group
|Degree Apprentice students
|* Closed *
For information on applying for or collecting your UniCard, please see our UniCard webpages.
Having trouble registering?
Your password is case-sensitive – check that the Caps Lock is not on and try re-typing again. If this does not work, you can reset your password online.
If this still does not work please call IT for further support on 01392 725050
Please do not continue with the registration process. Select the appropriate option on the registration screen to tell us about the problem. This will create an enquiry in SID Online and we will reply via SID Online to let you know what you need to do next.
iExeter and the SRS system will update a few hours following the completion of your registration to show that you have successfully registered online.