Studying in a new country is a big decision to make, and we understand how important it is to have somewhere to call 'home' during your time with us. Our student residences have their own distinctive character and offer you a safe, secure environment to live and study in.
- Take a look at our Undergraduate and Postgraduate Guides to Accommodation for an overview of living at Exeter.
- Use the Undergraduate and Postgraduate tables to compare information about our accommodation, including rent prices and room types.
These documents are also available in Chinese:
- Undergraduate Accommodation Guide (Chinese version)
- Undergraduate rates (Chinese version)
- Postgraduate Accommodation Guide (Chinese version)
- Postgraduate rates (Chinese version)
The International Student Support website has lots of information to help with your university journey, including applying to study at the University, arranging visas, travelling to Exeter and settling in.
If you are a Study Abroad/Exchange student, take a look at our dedicated page for relevant information.
Why choose University managed accommodation?
- Meet other students and get involved with student life
- Convenient locations close to lectures and the city centre
- 24/7 campus security from our Estate Patrol Team
- Residence Life Team there to help you settle in and provide advice
- No guarantor required
- All-inclusive rents - no extra bills to pay
- Wifi and contents insurance included
- Our accommodation guarantee if you apply before 31 July
Meeting your needs
- We welcome students from all walks of life into our accommodation. Find out more on the Widening Participation and student support webpages.
- To support individuals who, due to disability, a long-term medical condition, sensory or physical impairment, we are able to offer accessible accommodation.
- We offer a very limited number of flats for student couples in King Edward Court and Birks Grange Village studios. Take a look at our Applying page for further information.
- If you are planning to come to University with your family, you may find our private accommodation information helpful.
We guarantee to offer accommodation to all new unaccompanied International undergraduate and postgraduate students and to study abroad and exchange students who are studying in Exeter for the full academic year starting in September, as long as you apply by 31 July in your year of entry. Note: You are defined as an international student if you pay international fees.
Applying and paying
Find out more about how and when to apply for University accommodation and how you’ll need to pay your accommodation fees.
If you are joining us in Exeter at any time other than September, please contact us 6-8 weeks before you want to arrive to discuss availability of our accommodation.
Settling into my accommodation as an international student was easier than I expected: the friendly faces at Reception were very kind and understanding. The Residence Life Team hosted many events to help us socialise during the first few weeks of term. Living in Lafrowda was definitely convenient because it’s only a 15-minute walk to the city centre and a 5-minute walk to campus.
International Students, 2023