Find out how to apply for a Master's degree. There are different processes depending on whether you want to study Postgraduate Taught, Postgraduate Research or a PGCE. There is also a Fast Track application process for current final year students progressing to postgraduate study at the University of Exeter this year.
Find out more
How to apply
- Pinpoint your PhD research area
- Investigate whether this area is available at Exeter
- Construct and refine your PhD research proposal
- Approach your potential supervisor
- Apply online
- What is a research proposal?
- Preparing a research proposal
- Guidelines and advice
- 6 steps to a successful research proposal
Find out about the Fast Track application process for current final year students progressing to postgraduate study at the University of Exeter this year. Click on the Fast Track tile in the main page for details.
University of Exeter Alumni
Use your Exeter Student number when you apply and we can link to your previous records.
Take advantage of the University of Exeter Alumni Scholarship 2022/23.
Business School PhD programmes have three assessment points in the year when applications will be considered:
- 6 May
- 30 September
- 21 January
A complete PGR application needs to include the following documents:
- A research proposal developed with a member of faculty
- A letter from a member of faculty stating they are willing to supervise
- A personal statement
- Academic transcripts
- Two academic references
- Evidence of English Language ability (where applicable)
- Results from a GMAT or GRE test that is not more than 5 years old.
Applicants who have not submitted a complete application form or attached the relevant documents will be contacted for further information.
Please visit the Business School PhD programmes pages for more information.