Supporting your success in learning
Achieving academic excellence
A PGCE course is demanding and to help you achieve your best results we take great care in providing excellent resources. In addition to the unsurpassed support and attention of our staff and school mentors, the campus facilities include:
- modern seminar rooms and lecture theatres
- one of the largest Education libraries in the UK with study areas (both silent and group research spaces), excellent IT facilities including a wireless network and a self-service facility
- extensive IT facilities, including a recently completed £0.5m refurbishment of an IT-enabled 100 seat lecture theatre
Time to unwind
Although academic resources are essential for your training, time to relax and unwind from your studies are just as important when it comes to thriving at the University of Exeter.
To help make your experience as enjoyable and complete as possible the following facilities are also available on St Luke’s Campus:
- Cross Keys cafe bar
- an indoor swimming pool
- two gymnasia including a dedicated advanced conditioning studio
- lawn tennis/volleyball during the summer
The University has a very active Students’ Guild, which offers a range of activities and events for all students. In addition to the St Luke’s Campus, students are encouraged to take advantage of further facilities located on the Streatham Campus, which is only a short 20-minute walk away.
"A huge benefit of having the first term on campus was that I developed strong friendships with other trainees which created a strong support network, allowing us to help each other throughout our placements."
PGCE Secondary with Mathematics
Dedicated student support
The University provides comprehensive student services that include AccessAbility, Student Learning Skills Service, Student Advice Unit, the Counselling Service, Students’ Union Advisors, the Student Health Centre, Family Centre and the Chaplaincy.