- Level 7 Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist (Integrated Degree) Apprenticeship
- MSc Digital and Technology Solutions
- Our Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Degree Apprenticeship follows the Data Analyst Specialism for the Level 7 integrated apprenticeship standard.
- Industry-focused programme designed to shape the strategic development from within your organisation.
- Taught by world-leading experts in their field. Apprentices on this program will benefit from the University’s significant investments in world leading academics and gain a respected qualification alongside practical mentoring to effectively embed their learning in the workplace.
- Digital and Data are transforming the modern workplace and skills in data analytics provide the foundation and vehicle for these domains to be developed, embedded and communicated in practice.
- Employers of students participating in the course will gain valuable skillsets within their organisation to drive digital and data leadership and innovation.
Top 20 for Computer Science
20th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
Taught in conjunction with our Triple accredited University of Exeter Business School
AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
Gain an MSc award from a Russell Group University
Learn from highly experienced academics who are leaders in the field
A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject. Alternatively, a minimum of five years’ experience in a data analytics role would be considered if no prior degree is held.
Applicants will be in a role that supports the gathering of evidence required for the Level 7 Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeship ‘standard’.
Evidence must be provided of Level 2 English and maths prior to End Point Assessment.
The apprentice must have a valid and eligible residency status to gain entry onto the apprenticeship – please see the ESFA guidance for further information.
How to apply
All candidates for the programme must be in employment when the programme starts. Candidates already in an appropriate job will require their employer’s approval to undertake the programme. Once an employer agrees, candidates will then submit an application to the University.
Application links will be shared with an employer for candidates to complete. If successful, the applicant will be offered a place on the programme. Once this offer has been accepted we will send further information about how to enrol as an apprentice.
Full programme cost: £21,000
This apprenticeship is funded entirely through an Employers’ Apprenticeship Levy. Your employer fully covers the cost of the apprenticeship, apprentices do not pay for any of the eligible training costs. As an apprentice you will be an employee of your organisation, gaining a University of Exeter award alongside working and earning a salary.
Employers who pay the Apprenticeship Levy will pay for the apprenticeship fees directly through that contribution. See further information on the Apprenticeship Levy funding.
Employers who do not pay the Levy will be able to claim 95 per cent of the cost of the apprenticeship from the Government. Up to 100 per cent Government contribution may be available if the employer has fewer than 50 employees and:
- Recruits an apprentice aged 16-18
- OR an apprentice aged 19-24 who has previously been in care or who has a local authority education, health and care plan
Employers must pay their apprentices a salary at least consistent with national legislation.
Funding eligibility criteria
- To be eligible for funding you must meet the criteria listed in the ESFA guidance. Full guidance is available here.
- The apprentice must have a valid and eligible residency status to gain entry onto the apprenticeship – please see the ESFA guidance for further information.
Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Degree Apprenticeship is a University of Exeter MSc aligned to the Level 7 Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist (integrated degree) Apprenticeship following the Data Analytics specialism. The programme combines the academic rigour of Exeter’s long tradition of teaching excellence with the achievement of an industry-recognised professional qualification.
The course will cover the core areas of digital leadership and technology management as well as underpinning technical knowledge and skills in Data Analytics.
- Management and Leadership in Technology
- Business and Change Management
- Data Engineering
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Data and Business in Society
- Machine Learning
Approximately one day a week of an apprentice's contractual working time over the duration of the programme will be given over to study. Our model is designed to be flexible around the needs of apprentices and workloads. No weekly day-release is required, mitigating disruption of their daily role and ensuring maximum flexibility.
The blended learning format incorporates:
- Two sets of two days Masterclasses in Exeter per module, totalling around 16 days over the 18 months
- Weekly distance learning that comprises of online classes and workshops
- Interactive exercises and lectures
- Work-based learning is a key element of the apprenticeship, and you will be assessed on projects undertaken in the workplace.
Our dedicated partnerships team liaise closely with employers throughout the programme; apprentices will have dedicated mentors to assist and guide them throughout the whole course of the apprenticeship.
Employers of apprentices participating in the course will gain valuable skillsets within their organisation to drive digital and data leadership and innovation. They will be in roles where they can lead on business-critical projects; manage the design and implementation of projects and disseminate findings to key stakeholders to help improve your organisations performance.
The need for skilled professionals currently outweighs supply which presents opportunities for excellent career development. By the end of the programme Apprentices will have developed knowledge and skills in a variety of key areas including data analytics, they will be better able to tackle complex contemporary challenges and add lasting value to their organisation.
The University’s Careers Service provides a range of support to help apprentices develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our careers service pages for more information.
Fantastic facilities, outstanding teaching, world-leading research and exceptional graduate employability are just a few of the reasons we think you'll love it here. Find out what our students say about choosing Exeter.
Studying at our campuses in Devon or Cornwall means you'll have some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the UK on your doorstep. Find out about student life at Exeter and the huge range of sports, clubs and societies on offer.
One University, two locations
We have around 20,000 students across our three campuses in Devon and Cornwall which means we offer the academic excellence and facilities you'd expect of a major university but also a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.