We welcome applications for summer accommodation on a minimum contract length of four weeks, from all registered students, whether you currently live within University of Exeter accommodation or are living within the private sector.
Please note that if you are an MEd or EdD student then specific accommodation arrangements will be made for you. Please refer to the information which will be sent out by your College.
Applications for summer 2018 will open during April 2018. Please refer back to this page around that time for information or check out the Accommodation Blog.
Summer accommodation will be available in self-catered accommodation between 23 June and 8 September 2018. The self-catered residences being used for the summer 2018 will be confirmed in March/April 2018.
Please note rooms are available for a minimum contract length of four weeks.
Applications will open during April 2018 and will be processed on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of accommodation.
- You will be asked for some essential details when filling in your application and we shall endeavour to meet your requirements.
- If you are unsure of the dates that you wish to stay, please put down the longest possible period of residency which you could be staying on your application to ensure that you are able to stay within the same room if you do end up extending your contract at a later date.
- Check that your student ID card is valid for your whole stay. Written evidence from your College will be required to support your application if your ID card has expired.
- If your current residence is being used for summer accommodation, you may be able to remain in the same room until your proposed leaving date; if not, you will need to move to alternative vacation accommodation.
- You will need to pay in full, in advance of your stay within 5 days after you have accepted your accommodation offer.
- We do not require a deposit as the payment is made in full prior to arrival.
- Payment can be made at SID in the Forum on the Streatham Campus or via the online payment store. Please make sure that you include your student number as a reference so that we can identify who made the payment.
- Cheques must be payable to 'The University of Exeter' and be in pounds sterling. Euro cheques are not accepted.
- If after the first 4 weeks stay you wish to cancel or change the dates of your booking you will need to give at least 2 weeks’ advance notice if you wish to receive a refund, if applicable.
- Refunds can only be paid into a UK bank account and this must be from the same account that the initial payment was drawn. Please be advised that refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
- Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that it will possible for you to stay in the same room if you wish to extend your stay, we will advise accordingly.
- Once you have been allocated accommodation and have accepted the contract, you will not be able to move rooms.
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to amend your room booking prior to arrival in the same residence/price to meet our operational needs.
A room condition check form will be issued to students upon arrival and it should be returned within seven days of arrival. A room inspection will take place at the end of occupancy.
- On the day of your departure you are required to leave your accommodation by 10.00am and return the key to your Residence Reception.
- If your keys are not returned by this time, a charge of £29.50 per key will be made to your student account, as well as additional nights charged.
- Please see our moving out guide for further information.