We welcome applications for summer accommodation from all registered students, whether you currently live within University of Exeter accommodation or are living within the private sector.
Applications for summer 2020 will open at 10:00am on Monday 18 May.
Please read the following information very carefully. Any offers of accommodation will be made in line with current UK Government advice around social distancing and may change at short notice should this advice be amended.
Applications are made online and will open at 10:00am on Monday 18 May 2020.
- Applications will be processed in order of receipt. You will hear from us within 10 working days of your application being submitted, and offers will be sent subject to room availability.
- If you do not already have an accommodation account then you will need to register an account before making an application.
- Once you have logged in to your accommodation account, please select the 2020 Summer Accommodation application type.
- The application system will close on Thursday 6 August 2020.
- En-suite rooms at James Owen Court will be £148.47 per week.
- Studio rooms at Birks Grange Village will be £180.67 per week.
- Summer contracts are for a minimum period of 4 weeks.
- The exception to this 4 week period is if you are already living in University accommodation and need to extend your accommodation for a limited period beyond your existing contract for travel reasons. In this case, we will review your request on a case by case basis. Please ensure that you provide a brief explanation about your circumstances within the Notes section of the application form. We are unable to guarantee that you will be able to remain in your term time room for this extension period and you may therefore be required to move to another residence. It may take longer than 10 working days for us to process your application as we will need to confirm availability, but you will hear from us week commencing Monday 8 June as to where you will be able to stay.
- The earliest arrival date in all cases is Saturday 20 June 2020 and contracts must start no later than Saturday 8 August 2020.
- All contracts must end on or before Saturday 5 September 2020.
We welcome applications from any registered University of Exeter student whether you are currently living with us or in the private sector.
- Graduating students – if you are finishing your studies this summer but want to stay in Exeter a little longer then you can still apply for summer accommodation. You will be able to pay the standard student rate until the end date of your course; you can find this date printed on your Unicard. After that time you will be required to pay non-student, commercial rates which include VAT of 20%.
- Students transferring to/starting a new course – if your current student status expires at the end of the summer term but you require accommodation over the summer vacation prior to continuing onto a new course, we will need a letter from your course tutor confirming your student status to support your accommodation application. This can be sent to us via email@example.com marked for the attention of the accommodation office.
- Where we see a high demand for accommodation, we will prioritise applications from registered students who need to stay over the summer for academic purposes.
- Students in debt – if you are not up to date with payment of your current accommodation fees then we will not be able to process your application until you have cleared your debt in full.
- You will be asked for some essential details when filling in your application and we shall endeavour to meet your requirements.
- If you are unsure of the dates that you wish to stay, please put down the longest possible period of residency which you could be staying on your application to ensure that you are able to stay within the same room if you do end up extending your contract at a later date.
- Check that your student ID card is valid for your whole stay. Written evidence from your College will be required to support your application if your ID card has expired.
- If your current residence is being used for summer accommodation, you may be able to remain in the same room until your proposed leaving date; if not, you will need to move to alternative vacation accommodation.
- View our 'how to videos' to see a step by step guide on activating an accommodation account and applying for accommodation. Please note that these videos are not intended for applications for the summer but can be used as a guide.
- You will need to pay in full in advance of your stay.
- Payment must be made online via the University's Make a Payment page. Please make sure that you include your student number as a reference so that we can identify who made the payment.
- If after the first 4 weeks stay you wish to cancel or change the dates of your booking you will need to give at least 2 weeks’ advance notice if you wish to receive a refund, if applicable.
- Refunds can only be paid into a UK bank account and this must be from the same account that the initial payment was drawn. Please be advised that refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
- Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that it will possible for you to stay in the same room if you wish to extend your stay, we will advise accordingly.
- Once you have been allocated accommodation and have accepted the contract, you will not be able to move rooms.
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to amend your room booking prior to arrival in the same residence/price to meet our operational needs.
A room condition check form will be issued to students upon arrival and it should be returned within seven days of arrival. A room inspection will take place at the end of occupancy.
- On the day of your departure you are required to leave your accommodation by 10.00am and return the key to your Residence Reception. If the reception is not open then please refer to the Residence Reception webpage where you will find details about Out of Hours key return and drop-off box locations.
- If your keys are not returned by this time, a charge of £15.00-£50.00 per key/fob (depending on residence) will be made to your student account, as well as additional nights charged.
- Please see our moving out guide for further information.
For operational reasons, most of our residences are unable to accept arrivals before the start of the Arrivals period.
We therefore ask that, unless you meet the criteria below, you either make plans to arrive from 10 September 2020 or find alternative accommodation in a local hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
The following students will be given priority:
- Current INTO Students (progressing on to a degree/masters course).
- Residence Life Team members.
- Care Leavers and estranged students.
- Others with extenuating circumstances of which we have been made aware.
If you fall into one of the categories above, please review the information on our dedicated webpage.