IMPORTANT - Please read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) update, Monday 16 March
In response to the significant change in guidance announced by the Prime Minister in today’s briefing, we are giving you the following advice.
As of tomorrow, Tuesday 17 March, we are advising the majority of staff to work from home, wherever possible. Buildings will be open as normal should you need to collect any necessary equipment or belongings.
However, as our campuses will be open to deliver essential services a number of colleagues will be required to work as normal. If your area of work/role is listed below please continue to attend work and contact your line manager as soon as possible to discuss your working arrangements.
We have asked students to make arrangements to go home over the next few days, if they are able to do so. There will be a number of students who are unable to go home and our University accommodation will continue to be open for students if it is needed.
We recognise that this will cause significant disruption and therefore, we have advised students that there will be no teaching (face to face or online) for the remainder of this week. However, we ask you to continue to support tutees and students on modules via email and ELE.
We will move to online teaching from Monday 23 March.
Following the Government advice we are now cancelling all University events, and the sports facilities on all of our campuses will also be closed.
The measures announced today by the Prime Minister include:
- To stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel
- Anyone who lives with someone who has a cough or a temperature should stay at home for 14 days
- People should start working from home where they possibly can
- Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues
- Only use the NHS when really necessary
- From tomorrow the Government will no longer be "supporting" mass gatherings using emergency workers
- Women who are pregnant are now included in the ‘higher risk’ category
- Schools are currently remaining open
We will send a more detailed update tomorrow so please do look out for this and ensure you read it fully. In the meantime, should you have any immediate concerns please contact your line manager or our Human Resources team via email@example.com.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at what is a challenging time for everyone in our University community.
Registrar and Secretary
List of essential services:
- HR – interviewees, payroll, employee services for calls, Occupational Health, Temporary resourcing
- Finance – Finance Ops, Cash Ops, and Accounts Payable teams
- IT – Infrastructure team, IT Helpdesk, Desktop, Teams roll out, VPN roll out
- College Ops – Business Managers
- ESS – Info Points, SID, Welfare/wellbeing, Technology Enhanced Learning, Study Abroad, FX Plus (Cornwall)
- CIOSS – Direct Works, contractors, retail in Forum, Accommodation Office, Estate Patrol, FM, Cleaning, Tech Services, Sports and Grounds, Uni Reception
- Research Services – labs and BSU, essential research,
- CAMS – Coronavirus Communications, Admissions
- Vice Chancellor’s Office – Gold secretariat
- Compliance, Governance and Risk – Business Continuity Adviser (SD), Head of Compliance, Safety
- Coronavirus Helpline
- Silver and Gold members