Devon & Cornwall Police have advised that students should not travel to their office during any period of national lockdown to complete police registration. The usual 7 day deadline for police registration does not currently apply. If your visa requires you to register with the police you should therefore not travel to the police enquiry office until lockdown restrictions ease.
UPDATE 15th April 2021: If you are an Exeter based student, we are hoping that the police will come onto campus later in the term and will update this page with information when it becomes available. In the meantime, you can attend Exeter Police Station in Middlemoor to register or update your certificate following Covid secure arrangements.
When Covid-19 restrictions do not apply, if you are studying for more than 6 months and are from one of the countries listed below, you are required to register with the police within 7 days of arrival in the UK as a condition of your visa. There is flexibility to this timescale at the start of term (see 'Where to register' below) and for those who are required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival.
|Turkey||Turkmenistan||United Arab Emirates||Ukraine||Uzbekistan||Yemen|
The police registration condition will be noted on your 90 day (previously 30 day) entry clearance vignette (visa sticker), or on your Home Office decision letter or electronic grant email. It is important that you arrange to register as soon as possible. It is an offence not to register and failure to register could have future immigration implications.
If your visa does not mention police registration and you are on the list of nationals who should expect to register, please contact us and we can advise you further.
UPDATE 15/04/2021: Exeter Police station at Middlemoor (Devon based students) and Camborne Police Enquiry Office (Cornwall based students) are now open for registrations and updates. You must follow Covid secure arrangements such as wearing a face covering and maintaining social distancing.
There have been many disruptions to the registration procedure this year. The Home Office stated that travel for registration purposes was non-essential during the various UK lockdowns. We will update this page with future on campus registration dates as soon as the Police confirm them.
Whether you register on campus or at the Police Station you will need to follow these 4 steps:
- Download 'Report of Initial Registration of Foreign National’ (Form no.67)
- Print and complete the Report of Initial Registration of Foreign National form in English language. PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM IN BLOCK LETTERS in black ink.
- Bring your completed form and the following documents to the appointment:
Completed Form 67
Biometric Card (where applicable)
Yes, both sides
Personal details page, immigration stamp showing entry to UK
One passport sized photograph
University letter confirming student status*
£34 cash (exact change only)
Log on to the iExeter student portal, click the Student Record tab and click the Student Record System link.
Click 'Generate Self Service Letters'.
Choose 'To Whom It May Concern' letter, click 'Next' and enter any additional details (if applicable).
Preview your letter. Click 'Yes, these details are correct'. You can then choose to download your PDF or have your letter emailed to you.
If your letter details are incorrect, click 'No, these details are incorrect' to contact SID. Any issues contact SID on 0300 555 0444
- You will be emailed when your Police Registration is ready to collect on campus.
Make sure that you’ve looked in all the usual places before notifying the police. If the certificate is lost then you can report this on www.reportmyloss.com. For stolen certificates, visit your local police station and let them know what has happened. You will then need to submit a new registration form and pay the £34 fee again.
You must update the police and your police registration certificate if you:
- move house
- extend your visa
- change your name
- Download the ‘Report of Change in Circumstances of Foreign National’ (Form no.66)
- Complete the Report of Change in Circumstances of Foreign National (Form no. 66) in English language. PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM IN BLOCK LETTERS and black pen.
- Take your completed form and your Police Registration Certificate (PRC), passport and BRP (if applicable), to one of the Police Stations or make an appointment at Police Registration on campus.
- The Station Enquiry Officer will endorse your PRC with the changes and return it to you while you are in the Police Station.