Signposting and useful information
This section provides additional signposting that supports the areas covered during the induction stage of onboarding. The Current Staff page should be used as the main link to access key departments, it includes information about employment conditions, campus facilities, up to date news and the importantly the A-Z of services and support. Please have a look around the Current Staff pages as part of the onboarding process and use it to support the induction checklist.
In addition the About Us pages offer key information about the role, history, strategies and structure of the University as well as exploring our role in the wider community and setting out important calendar dates. Please ensure new starters visit this site in order to learn more about their new employer.
- Apply for University ID card
- IT account creation, activation and the Multi-Factor Authentication system
- Digital Hub – find out about digital ways of working at the University and how you can get support
- Display screen equipment – make sure that your work station is setup correctly whether working on a site or remotely
- Trent Self Service Advice and Login – check your details are correct using this link
- Finance Services - Includes Procurement, Expenses, Links to the T1 System, Links to the helpdesk and more
The Current Staff web page is the best place to access up to date information about the following (use the ‘HR and employment’ drop down menu):
- Human Resources and available support
- Your employment – this section will lead you to:
- Pay, pensions and employment
- iTrent Self Service - Trent Self Service Advice and Login
- Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- Annual leave, flexi-working and absence
- Guidance for International Staff and Global mobility
- Temporary workers – Temporary Staff Bank, Casual Claims, Postgraduate Teaching Assistants, Self-employed and External Examiners and managed by the Temporary Resourcing Unit part of People Services and Global Partnerships
- Joining a Union
Find out about facilities, places to eat, sporting opportunities, maps and sustainable travel options for all of our sites here.
If you have any concerns about Health and Safety or actions and training requirements that have been identified through the induction process, please visit or contact the Health and Safety Team for further support.
The Colleague Wellbeing web pages provide professional advice, guidance and tools to enable everyone working at Exeter to help maintain their own wellbeing and that of others around them.
Staff Life webpages are where you can find out more about our university community and benefits. This includes, staff and PGR only social groups and activities, courses, staff sports, salary exchange schemes and various discounts available to you. Parents and Carers - The University is committed to supporting staff who maintain responsibilities as a carer alongside their job. Whether these responsibilities include caring for a child or caring for another dependent, we aim to work with our employees to facilitate a good work/life balance.
Staff and Student networks are an essential part of the University of Exeter; helping to support and empower those who are often minoritised and marginalised. Our EDI networks offer support, social events and guidance both in and out of the workplace/university and they are all self-managed so they can remain independent and impartial. Not only do our networks offer a safe space but they are key in helping the University achieve better equality of opportunity for all by consulting on policy, practice and procedure.
Parents and Carers - The University is committed to supporting staff who maintain responsibilities as a carer alongside their job. Whether these responsibilities include caring for a child or caring for another dependent, we aim to work with our employees to facilitate a good work/life balance.
The Multi-faith Chaplaincy offers support to both staff and students.
Also discover the Sporting opportunities and facilitates available at each campus.
Both Devon and Cornwall have a wealth of exciting outdoor, arts, cultural and historical opportunities for anyone living in or visiting the area. Visit Explore Devon and Visit Cornwall to find out what is going on near you.
There are many ways the University will communicate with you, below are a few to be aware of:
- Staff News – this site includes recordings of key talks, rumour buster, Teams Live and more.
- Jargon buster
- Weekly Bulletin
- Email Charter and Guidelines
Within your department your team will be using Microsoft Teams as well as the collaborative tools in Office 365. You might also be asked to use other applications relevant to your work. If you need any help or support accessing or using these systems visit the Digital Hub for guidance or contact the IT Helpdesk.
The staff Learning and Development pages provide information about your development opportunities. The following are useful links:
Compliance, Governance and Risk - Includes areas such as Information Governance, Data Protection, Prevent, Audit, Legal and research ethics.
The University’s Global Strategy is to become a truly global institution by extending our presence, reach and impact around the world. As a consequence, a global workforce - which used to be the exception – is now gradually becoming more common. Employing staff overseas has some implications, which, if they are not addressed properly could put both the individual and the University at risk. Please visit the Global mobility pages for more information.