Lost or stolen passport
If your passport has been lost or stolen, here are the steps you should follow:
1. Report the loss or theft. Keep evidence that you have done this such as a reference number, police report letter or email confirmation.
- If you are outside the UK: Report the loss or theft to the local police.
- If you are in the UK: report the loss online and theft at the local police station.
2. Get a replacement passport from the nearest embassy for your country. Check on your own government website for details of the nearest office and how to apply.
3. Inform UK Visas and Immigration of your new passport details:
- If you have a BRP card: complete a Migrant Change in Circumstances form. You can only do this once you are inside the UK.
- If you have a digital immigration status: log into your UKVI account and make the update online.
- If your visa is a sticker in your passport (vignette):
4. Inform the University of your new passport details: email a scan of your new passport to email@example.com.
If you're unsure of your situation, contact us and we will give you individual advice depending on your particular circumstances.