- A comprehensive and future-thinking business degree covering the fundamentals of business operations, including management practices, accounting, finance, marketing and human resources
- Utilises an international approach to business, developing your understanding of the purpose and functioning of organisations within the global business environment
- Optional modules allow you to either pursue a broad understanding of topics, or to specialise in your chosen field of business, ensuring you can tailor the programme to your career aspirations
- Suitable for students studying business subjects for the first time, as well as those building on existing knowledge
- You will be equipped to pursue a variety of careers, ranging from roles in international business; marketing and strategy; human resources and procurement and purchasing.
UK Business School of the Year
Times Higher Education Awards 2022
100% of our research in Business and Management has internationally excellent impact
Based on research rated 4* and 3* in the Research Excellence Framework 2021
Triple accredited Business School
AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
A 2:2 with honours in any discipline from a recognised university. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
Pre-Masters programme for international students
The Graduate Diploma in Management run by the INTO University of Exeter Centre is a pre-Masters programme designed to enhance your subject knowledge, study skills and English ability. Successful completion of the Diploma (subject to achieving the specific grades of entry) gives students from overseas the skills needed for acceptance onto this Masters programme.
Entry requirements for international students
English language requirements
International students need to show they have the required level of English language to study this course. The required test scores for this course fall under Profile B. Please visit our English language requirements page to view the required test scores and equivalencies from your country.
MSc Business and Management will help you develop an advanced and critical understanding of organisations and their management, cultures and structures as well as wider economic, environmental and social contexts. You will develop an ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex or difficult issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice, including within an international context.
You will develop a broad foundation of knowledge and critical analysis skills to understand and drive improvements in a variety of business contexts. You will gain a critical understanding of organisations, how they operate, innovate and manage their workforce. You will also study the theoretical foundations of international business and the various external factors that influence trade.
The final capstone business plan module integrates your cross-disciplinary insights into a practical project, allowing you to apply your acquired knowledge to analyse and create a business plan. This will help you to build your own personal portfolio that you can showcase to potential employers. The University of Exeter provides an ideal setting for you to understand cross-cultural issues that will uniquely equip you to compete in today’s global marketplace.
UK fees per year:
International fees per year:
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
Teaching and research
Our research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Exeter Sustainable Finance Centre (ESF)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
This programme has been designed for ambitious students who want to launch a career across international cultures and be able to apply a global context to a variety of businesses, wherever in the world they choose to work.
As part of your learning experience you will attend specialist practical workshops equipping you with the knowledge and skills to tackle real world problems.
Graduates can look to work in a diverse range of roles including:
- International Business Director
- Marketing and Strategy Consultancy
- Procurement and Purchasing Manager
- Business and Commercial Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Human Resource Manager
Developing your skills and career prospects
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our postgraduate Business School careers service web page for more information.