The University of Exeter's biggest mentor scheme
We know that finding out an answer to your questions (no matter how small!), settling in quickly once you get here, feeling comfortable and meeting some local students are crucial to getting the most out of your studies here at the University of Exeter and enjoying the UK. Global Chums is available to students at Exeter and Cornwall campuses.
To help with all of the above we are happy to invite you to join GLOBAL CHUMS. It's the biggest mentoring scheme across our campuses with over 300 students participating every year.
Here's what some of previous year's students and mentors said about the scheme:
"This way I would already know someone studying at the University of Exeter who I could ask questions"
"...useful to have someone at the University ready to answer questions that I may have, help with everyday problems, [and] clearly explain some cultural differences."
"From being a mentor I have gained an insight into new cultures and have gained leadership skills in helping and answering my chums questions... I have also learnt many new things about the city from showing my chums around!"
Information for students
Benefits of having a Global Chums Mentor
- Settle in to University of Exeter life faster
- Someone to answer your questions
- Someone to introduce you to societies, clubs and sports
- A great way to meet other students of all nationalities
Benefits of being a Global Chums Mentor
- Help a new student to enjoy their new University of Exeter life, meet new faces and even make new friedns from around the world
- Develop leadership, cultural awareness, communication, problem solving and organisational skills - it looks great on your CV!
- Share your own experiences and make some new ones
- Get recognition for your volunteering through HEAR and the Exeter Award
How the scheme works
For more information regarding how the scheme works where you are studying, choose your campus below: