- For ambitious professionals with at least three years of work experience, you can accelerate or redirect your career with our internationally accredited MBA programme
- Gain the tools and skills in purposeful leadership, innovation and technology to transform yourself and the world around you for good
- Develop a solid grounding in core business disciplines through core modules, and tailor this programme to your individual interests and career needs with our range of elective specialist modules
- Take advantage of experiential learning through study trips, company visits, corporate challenges and consultancy projects for partner organisations, which complement workshops led by business practitioners and academics who are specialists in their field
UK Business School of the Year
Times Higher Education Awards 2022
Tier one status
CEO Global MBA rankings 2022
14th in the World
Corporate Knights Better World MBA Rankings 2022
Accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- We evaluate candidates based on their first degree, work experience and career aspirations.
- To qualify for The Exeter MBA you must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a managerial position.
- If you don’t have a first degree but can demonstrate significant (8+ years) work experience and career progression you may still be eligible for the programme.
The Exeter MBA is taught in English, so if English is not your first language you must hold one of the below:
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.0 in any sector)
- iBT TOEFL 100 +
A GMAT score will strengthen your application, although it is not required.
Entry requirements for international students
English language requirements
International students need to show they have the required level of English language to study this course. The required test scores for this course fall under Profile D. Please visit our English language requirements page to view the required test scores and equivalencies from your country.
The Exeter MBA is built around the latest thinking and techniques from a wide range of management disciplines. A solid grounding in core business disciplines is acquired through our core modules while elective specialist modules enable you to specialise in your area of interest and tailor the programme to your career needs. The programme culminates with our Exeter MBA in-company, consultancy project.
Study trips, company visits, group challenges and simulations complement lectures and seminars led by professionals and academics specialists in their field. A range of extra-curricular activities, such as our guest speakers programme and MBA workshops delivered by our corporate partners run throughout the duration of the programme to complement your learning and provide opportunities to further build your skills, knowledge and understanding. Read more at the Exeter MBA website
- Full time, studied over 2 years. Scholarships available
- Gain both a Master of Public Health (MPH) from the University’s College of Medicine and Health, and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Exeter Business School
- Dedicated induction sessions will ensure a smooth transition between study on the MPH and the MBA
- Gain a deep knowledge and expertise in a specialist field while developing a comprehensive understanding of business, exceptional leadership skills and practical experience from the University’s triple accredited Business School
- Students will learn how to use the expertise gained in business and management to solve crucial health and healthcare issues, and advise on policy issues
Students will commence the MPH in Year 1 of their studies and then progress to the MBA in Year 2. See our course listings for full details of both the MPH and the MBA:
Successful students will receive individual awards for each of the two programmes. You can choose to exit the course after completing the MPH in Year 1.
Candidates will also be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process to the MPH, and again prior to admission to the MBA.
How to apply
To apply to the 1+1 MPH to MBA you will need to submit a separate application to each programme, noting in each application that you would like to be considered for the 1+1 MPH to MBA.
You’ll need to submit an application to the MPH for the current year of entry, as this will be your first year of study, and a separate application to the MBA for entry next year, as this will be your second year of study.
You can add a second programme of choice on the Applicant Gateway.
Fees and funding
At the University of Exeter Medical School and the University of Exeter Business School we want to ensure we attract the very brightest minds and talent from all over the world, regardless of financial background. That’s why we have an MPH and MBA 1+1 Fee Discount. See our scholarship page for more information.
Important information for International students
As you will be studying two separate programmes please be aware that you will need to apply for two separate visas, one for the MPH year which you will take first and another for your MBA year which will be taken in Year 2. Guidance on visa applications can be found on our dedicated pages for international students.
UK/EU fees per year:
£39,000 full time
International fees per year:
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
At the University of Exeter Business School we want to ensure we attract the very brightest minds and talent from all over the world, regardless of financial background. That’s why this year, we have over £500,000 worth of scholarships available to outstanding MBA candidates.
Better World Scholarships
Our Better World Scholarships are awarded by the MBA Programme Director to students who can demonstrate outstanding academic merit or financial need and a commitment to the ethos of the programme. We have up to £500,000 worth of scholarships available. To be considered for a scholarship, all you need to do is apply for The Exeter MBA. If you are a suitable candidate, we’ll make you an offer. No complications. Please note these scholarships are awarded entirely at the discretion of the Business School.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
A number of academic excellence scholarships are available for all applicants in possession of a good GMAT score, as follows. Please note these scholarships are subject to availability:
- Score of 600 - 649 awarded scholarship of £2,000
- Score of 650 - 700 awarded scholarship of £3,000
- Score of 700 or over awarded scholarship of £6,000
The Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship
The Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship is a joint award combining a Colfuturo loan/scholarship with an Exeter award funded by a generous donation to the University. It is intended to support the development of Colombian students who will use the expertise gained from The Exeter MBA to make a positive social, business and environmental impact. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a substantial subsistence allowance.
To apply for the Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship please make an application to The Exeter MBA allowing sufficient time (up to 2 weeks) to process your application, as all eligible applicants are invited to interview by Skype before any decision is made. Then you can submit your scholarship application to Colfuturo between 11 January-28 February 2022.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- Be from Colombia
- Meet the Exeter MBA entry requirements and have a conditional offer of a place on the programme
- Apply for the Colfuturo funding - applications open during the convocatoria period 7th January - 29th February 2020. More information can be found here.
Two scholarships of £12,500 are available to students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes or The Exeter MBA programme for September 2023 entry. These will be awarded to an academically gifted candidate resident in the UK and continental Europe, who would not be able to study without this financial assistance.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus.
The scholarship requires you to have an English language level of IELTS 7.0 with no section less than 6.0, or equivalent. For full details please see our Funding Database website.
Please note, you can apply for more than one scholarship, but if you are awarded more than one, the greater award will be given. A bursary can be awarded in addition to a scholarship.
Teaching and research
Our research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
Having worked at Kantar, Unilever and Perrigo across a variety of roles including sales, marketing and strategy, I chose to take a year away and study an MBA in order to find my next career challenge. What drew me to The Exeter MBA was the focus on the circular economy, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Exeter MBA
The Exeter MBA will help you to achieve the career you desire
Our Careers Programme has been designed to give you a full understanding of yourself as a successful and innovative professional in today’s global business landscape.
The programme will kick-start your personal transformation process by exposing you to the wide-ranging career development resources at your disposal, whilst developing self-reflection on your personal competencies and experiences.
Workshops are delivered by career-change professionals, including sector specialists focussed on growing your expertise in internationalisation and employability, helping you decide where you want to take your MBA.
Become the leader you want to be
Through our active support we will:
- Match you up with an experienced professional to gain 1:1 careers advice through our Careers Mentor scheme
- Provide personalised 1:1 Careers Coaching with our experienced, fully-qualified Career Consultant
- Provide access to a range of careers fairs and events
- Connect you with successful alumni working in a sector of your choice to further develop your contacts and professional impact
Your MBA Consultancy Project will be a key piece of the jigsaw enabling you to move from your pre-MBA role, organisation or sector onto your new career path. Your Careers Consultant will help ensure that your Consultancy Project supports your career aspirations.