- 7th in the Complete University Guide 2019
- 11th for Accounting and Finance in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- One of a select group of universities worldwide with CFA® Institute ‘University Affiliation Program’ status
- Simulations of global financial markets a component of most modules
- Intensive computer training covering key financial databases and software systems
- Option to extend your study by gaining a double degree or applying to the prestigious QTEM programme
Our well-established postgraduate finance programmes combine Gold-standard teaching with cutting-edge research. We provide you with the practical knowledge and skills to embark upon your chosen career in Finance, whether that be in fund management, international banking, or even marketing within the finance sector.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics, who are at the forefront of their research and have significant industry experience. You will also be exposed to the latest industry trends and develop your analytical skills to apply the latest techniques in finance.
To ensure you are equipped with the practical skills to succeed in the global workforce, we provide you with a hands-on experience of financial databases including Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, MorningStar and Bureau van Dijk.
Many of our programmes also offer you the opportunity to study for professional qualifications alongside your Masters degree, for example the CFA Institute, the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) or the Chartered Banker Institute.
You can also take advantage of our career mentoring scheme, influential networking events, and guest lectures supported by professional financial experts to help build and sustain your career. Upon graduation, you will join a powerful network of alumni and stand out from your peers.
We are a research intensive faculty and cover a wide range of themes which inform our teaching. These include firm valuation models, trading strategies, risk management and volatility modelling, mergers and acquisitions, corporate social responsibility, corporate governance, portfolio management and innovation.
|MSc Finance and Investment||Full time 9 months or 1 year
|MSc Finance and Management||Full time 9 months or 1 year
|MSc Finance and Marketing||Full time 9 months or 1 year|
|MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management||Full time 1 year|
|MSc Financial Mathematics||Full time 1 year|