- 19th in the UK for Mathematics in The Complete University Guide 2020
- Wide range of exciting and high-impact research projects
- Research expertise in climate modelling and statistics; control and dynamics; systems biology; astrophysical fluid flows and number theory
- A truly interdisciplinary approach to scientific research
- Major international research centre in water management
As a postgraduate Mathematics student at Exeter, you will be part of a friendly department, which provides close personal contact between staff and students.
We maintain a firm focus on career-orientated postgraduate training and our graduates are well placed for success in this exciting field.
We ensure that our programmes support the needs of the sector and work closely with a professional advisory group that includes senior managers from companies such as IBM.
The department maintains an excellent reputation for its research in pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics and enjoys active collaboration with the Met Office in Exeter.
"The staff are really friendly and the lecturers are really approachable. The course is really interesting and whatever topic I have wanted to learn, we have done at Exeter. My course will help me to find a job because the modules have been so broad I will have so many transferable skills and the links with industry are great. Being an international student is fun, I've met a lot of other international students and people are really approachable which has meant I’ve made a lot of friends and met people to study with, as well as practising my English skills."
Yunice, MSc Mathematics