New arrival portal
Top 6 things to do when you move in...
- Complete the Room Condition Form (paper copy or via the Home at Halls app) to avoid being charged for damage at the end of the contract.
- Add Estate Patrol number to your phone (01392 723999).
- Bookmark Accommodation and Residence Life Team websites and follow the social channels.
- Read the fire notice in your accommodation
- Download the iExeter and SafeZone apps.
- Register and tag your bike at Reception.
Residence Receptions and Useful Contacts
Fire Safety and Alarm Testing
- Check the notices around your residence for fire alarm testing times and assembly point locations.
- If the alarm sounds outside of testing times, evacuate the building to the fire assembly point.
- Avoid setting the fire alarm off accidentally – find out more under heading 9 of the Residents Information webpage
- Some internal doors are alarmed, especially at East Park, and shouldn’t be used as exits, except in an emergency. It's a disciplinary offence to set the alarm off deliberately.
Recycling and Waste
You can recycle...
Food waste (in some residences)
Click here to find out more...
Get to grips with the equipment in your accommodation with our helpful guide.
When is my residence cleaned and what is expected of me? Find out on the Cleaning Commitment poster in your residence.
Take a look at our cleaning tips and guides on the website.
- Wifi – Get online through the Glide service – see line 29 of the Residents Information webpage.
- Parcels and mail - In most residences, post can be collected from Reception using your student card. Find out more on line 14 of the Residents Information webpage.
- Contents Insurance - Find out what's covered on line 11 of the Residents Information webpage.
- Our standards – We’re committed to the Student Accommodation Code, providing the best service for you.
Report a fault or maintenance
- Contact your Reception Team or report on the Home at Halls app.
- For out of hours emergency maintenance, call Estate Patrol on 01392 723999.
- Find out more on the website.
Food and Drink
Be part of the friendly and inclusive University of Exeter community
We encourage our community to:
- Be considerate and respectful of others
- Act responsibly and be honest
- Speak Out – report incidents confidentially
We're committed to the Student Accommodation Code, ensuring that you get the best out of your time living in university accommodation.
Communication and Events
Safety and Security
- The friendly team of Estate Patrol officers provide a 24/7 security and safeguarding service.
- They can help with issues like arranging for emergency repairs, or helping if you are locked out. Available 24/7 on 01392 723999.
- Stay safe by locking windows and doors when you leave your building and by using the Safer Walking Routes on campus.
Download the SafeZone app to allow Estate Patrol to locate and help you quickly if needed.
Campus Safety Guide
Tips about personal safety and security