Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
BSc Applied Business
|Duration||Typically four years, depending on previous experience|
|Discipline||Business and Management|
|Programme delivery||Blended learning|
The University of Exeter is launching the Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship Chartered Manager. This will be underpinned by a BSc (Hons) in Applied Business and dual accredited with the Chartered Manager Institute (CMI) Level 5 in Management and Leadership (subject to approvals).
A Chartered Manager is someone who can take responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success. They have the ability to deliver impact, behave ethically and demonstrate their commitment to continual learning and development. The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship for current staff will commence delivery in Sept 2018. A second cohort for direct entry apprentices will start in Sept 2019.
The University of Exeter Business School is one of the UK’s leading institutions, ranked in the top 10 in the UK for Business, Accounting and Finance in The Complete University Guide 2018. Our mission is to deliver outstanding and innovative business education and research that address the major challenges confronting businesses and society. Our ambition is to become a leading business school – not just in the UK, but in Europe and across the wider world. The University of Exeter Business School MBA programme was ranked number one in Corporate Knight’s 2017 Better World MBA Rankings.
Who is it for?
The Degree Apprenticeship is suitable for professional managers who work across a wide range of industries and sectors who have an interest to develop their business and management acumen. Example job roles may include: Manager; Senior Manager; Head of Department; Operations Manager; or anyone with significant management responsibilities.
The modules we outline here provide examples of what you can expect to learn on this degree course based on recent academic teaching. The precise modules available to you in future years may vary depending on staff availability and research interests, new topics of study, timetabling and student demand.
- Interpersonal and Foundation Skills
- Customers and Markets
- Managing People
- Operational Practice
- Strategy for Growth
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Finance and Accounting
- Globalisation and Internationalisation
- Agile Project Management
- Leadership: Practice and Performance
- Responsible and Sustainable Business
- Consumer and Organisational Research Skills
- Implementing Strategy and Change
- Leadership in Dynamic Environments
Entry requirements 2018
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships in discussion with the University. Most candidates will have A Levels (or equivalent) or existing relevant Level 3 qualifications, and English, Maths and ICT at Level 2. Other relevant or prior experience may also be considered as an alternative.
Learning and teaching
The University of Exeter Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
- A BSc from a prestigious Russell Group university.
- Membership of the CMI from the start of the course and a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership on successful completion of the programme.
- Flexible delivery – minimum time away from the workplace.
- Online delivery using the latest technology to allow individual and group working in any location.
- Programme specifically designed by an experienced academic team.
- BSc (Hons) Applied Business
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship at Level 6
- CMI Level 5 qualification in Management and Leadership
To find out more about Degree Apprenticeships at the University of Exeter please contact: