- 17th in the Guardian University League Table 2020 for Mathematics
- 84% of graduates in further study or graduate-level employment within 6 months of graduation
- Undertake a professional placement at companies such as Lloyds Banking Group, Coca-Cola, Met Office and PwC
- Study abroad at one of our partner universities in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and China
- Maths with Accounting, Economics, Management or Finance programmes taught in partnership with the University of Exeter Business School
- Distinct programmes taught over two campuses with specialist MSci courses aligned to our research groups
Mathematics at a glance
Mathematics plays an integral role in many aspects of modern life and provides the techniques and language to handle problems from a wide variety of disciplines.
A Mathematics degree from the University of Exeter will inspire you to fulfil your full potential and flourish – whatever your ambitions.
Mathematics is not only studied because of its applications; it has a fascination and beauty of its own, characterised by precision and logical rigour.
It forms a rewarding, inspiring, challenging and varied subject of study at university. Building on the mathematics from school or college, it encompasses: pure mathematics, applied mathematics, and probability and statistics.
We will encourage you to develop your critical thinking, challenge you to learn new ideas promptly and follow and digest complex reasoning. You will be a key part of our world-class academic community, benefiting from the very latest, research-inspired teaching.
- MSci Mathematical Sciences (Ecology and Evolution)
- MSci Mathematical Sciences (Energy Systems and Control)
- MSci Mathematical Sciences (Environmental Science)
These courses are taught by the Mathematics department at our Penryn Campus in Cornwall.
- MMath Mathematics
- MMath Mathematics with a Year in Industry
- MMath Mathematics with International Study
- MMath Mathematics with Professional Experience
What our students say
“It was a genuine pleasure to study at the University of Exeter. The support from lecturers, was definitely my favourite thing about the course. I made real connections with them, they enjoyed teaching us all and you could really tell they were pleased for you when you got good results.”
“The staff are really friendly and the lecturers are really approachable. The course is really interesting and whatever topic I have wanted to learn, we have done at Exeter. My course will help me find a job because the modules have been so broad and the links with industry are great.”
“Studying at Exeter has been really fun. One of my favourite parts is the support you get from lecturers. Although the best part about my course has been the group projects as you get to meet a lot of new people and have a lot of fun whilst achieving an actual goal.”
Mathematical Sciences degree being studied on the beach in Cornwall.