Computer Science and IT
- Top 5 in the sector and top 3rd in the Russell Group for graduate progression, with 98% of students employed or in further study within 6 months of graduation
- Industry experience available to all students through summer placements or Year in Industry
- Excellent facilities spanning a wide range of machine types and software ecosystems
- Teaching draws upon our particular research strengths in artificial intelligence and high performance computing
- Comprehensive, relevant programmes inspired by the Computer Science development cycle: theory, design, develop, test and apply
Computer Science at a glance
From complex IT systems to sophisticated online gaming experiences, there is a fascinating range of careers that require the technical expertise of a computer scientist.
During your time with us you’ll develop problem-solving skills, technical competence and the ability to analyse and reflect on issues relating to computer technology.
We maintain excellent teaching links with computer-related industry partners such as IBM, The Met Office, NATS and Motorola.
We also offer a wide choice of Mathematics programmes, which have a more scientific focus.
All our programmes include the opportunity to gain practical experience in industry, either through an 8-12 week summer placement or by taking a year in industry.
As an Exeter Computer Science and IT graduate you may find yourself working with business IT systems, the web, mobile communications, games technology, or in the management and development of the safety-critical systems that control planes, trains and power stations.
Graduate profile: Nik Rahmel, Software Engineer at BBC iPlayer
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science with Industrial Placement
- MSci Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics with Industrial Placement
- MSci Computer Science and Mathematics
- Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship
- Flexible Combined Honours