Computer Science and IT
- 82% of Computer Science students in graduate level employment or further study within six months of graduating
- 76% of research classified as world-leading or internationally excellent
- 9th in the UK and 94th globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Engineering & Technology
- Four-year degrees with an industrial placement year available
- Optional summer industrial placement that contributes towards your degree
- £3 million invested in new academic and student facilities
There has never been a greater need for experts in computer science. From the complex IT systems used in modern businesses to sophisticated online gaming experiences, computers are a familiar characteristic of the modern world. This makes for a fascinating range of careers that require the technical expertise of a computer scientist (someone who understands the science behind computer technology).
As an Exeter Computer Science and IT graduate you may find yourself working with business IT systems, the web, mobile communications or games technology, or in the management and development of the safety-critical systems that control aeroplanes, trains and power stations.
During your time with us you’ll develop your problem-solving skills, your technical competence and your ability to analyse and reflect on issues relating to computer technology. These are essential skills whether you wish to work for a leading computing company developing new technologies, enter the world of business and finance, or if you would like to use your degree in a different role where you can make the most of your abilities to analyse and solve problems.
We maintain excellent teaching links with computer-related industries via business-linked projects, including assessment and prizes awarded by IBM, whilst organisations such as The Met Office, NATS and Motorola also collaborate in research and student project work.
In addition to our core Computer Science degree, we offer a wide choice of Mathematics programmes, which have a more scientific focus. All our programmes include the opportunity to gain practical experience in industry, either through an 8-12 week summer placement or by taking a year in industry.
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science with Industrial Placement
- MSci Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics with Industrial Placement
- MSci Computer Science and Mathematics
- Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship
- Flexible Combined Honours