|Duration||1 year full time|
|Discipline||Business and Management|
Programme Director: Dr William Casely
- Gain a fully transferable and implementable education in entrepreneurship and innovation management so you can confidently apply your newly acquired knowledge and skill to create a new venture
- Develop your own start-up, launch the next big digital platform, use innovation as a catalyst for change in a multinational organisation, or create a social enterprise to have maximum positive impact
- Gain both the theoretical understanding of the latest start-up and tech thinking, as well as the practical skills to navigate a complex future and lead accelerated business growth
- Craft your business skills to enable you to manage uncertainty and develop robust initiatives
- Learn from professionals and practitioners who have experience across the spectrum of entrepreneurship and innovation, as well as leading academics who will integrate the latest research and thinking into their teaching.
Triple accredited Business School
Accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Financial Times ranked European Business School
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad Opportunities
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- UG degree 2:2 in any subject and IELTS 7.0 or above no less than 6.0 in any section.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement detailing why they want to study the programme
- Applicants will be also considered if they have significant relevant work experience
UK fees per year:
International fees per year:
£1 million in Business School scholarships available
We want to ensure that postgraduate study remains accessible to the brightest minds of the future. We therefore have a range of full and part-fee scholarships for postgraduate students looking to study at the Business School in 2022. Please see our scholarships page for more information.
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available for students applying to study with us in 2023, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* and Green Futures Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
Teaching and research
Innovative learning experiences
MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management is not your typical postgraduate programme. You will be exposed to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences, such as hackathons and design sprints, in conjunction with more traditional approaches such as lectures, group-work and tutorials.
You will ‘learn by doing’ with a small cohort of like-minded students, looking to disrupt traditional ways of working and affect change. You will also have access to Student Startup programmes delivered by SETsquared Exeter, part of the SETsquared partnership, the global #1 University Business Incubator (UBI Global 2019).
Every effort is made to offer a high standard of diverse learning experiences making each subject accessible. This will range from pre-online learning to one-to-one coaching.
Modules and assessments
Modules are assessed through a mixture of group work, coursework, project work and examinations; the weighting of each of these components will vary according to the academic requirements of the module.
Our research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Taught by leading experts
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Exeter Sustainable Finance Centre (ESF)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
Develop employer-valued skills
MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management graduates are attractive to employers, because a graduate with an entrepreneurial mindset that is creative, can problem solve, and deliver on initiatives is an extremely valuable commodity.
Determine your own career path
This Masters degree will equip you to work quickly and confidently in identifying opportunities and transforming them into tangible ventures. You’ll also build the knowledge and skills to allow you to determine your own career path, be that creating impact through social entrepreneurship, implementing innovation into a multinational organisation, accelerating the growth of a family business, or creating the next successful digital start-up in a garage – it’s up to you.
Opportunities range from working in large analytics and consultancy teams within corporations in sectors such as consulting, tech and finance, through to specialist analytical roles in areas such as procurement, HR, and marketing within smaller private, public and third sector organisations. The increasing importance of analytics skills within Executive Management teams means that students will also be well placed to succeed in Graduate Management schemes.
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our Student Startup page and our postgraduate Business School careers service web page for more information.
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Spend your first year at Exeter and a second year at another world class international institution, resulting in two Masters degrees and the opportunity to expand your knowledge even further. We offer two fantastic Double Degree options with:
- Grenoble Ecole de Management in France
- Fudan University School of Economics in China*
For more information on Double Degrees and other postgraduate study abroad opportunities, visit the Business School’s Study Abroad webpages.