|Duration||1 year full time|
|Discipline||Business and Management|
Programme Director: Dr William Casely
- Develop your own start-up, launch the next big digital platform, use innovation as a catalyst for change in a multinational organisation, or create a social enterprise to have maximum positive impact
- Gain both the theoretical understanding of the latest start-up and tech thinking, as well as the practical skills to navigate a complex future and lead accelerated business growth.
- Designed to craft your business skills to enable you to manage uncertainty, develop robust initiatives, and lead accelerated business growth in your chosen venture.
- Learn from professionals and practitioners who have experience across the spectrum of entrepreneurship and innovation, as well as leading academics who will integrate the latest research and thinking into their teaching.
- You’ll gain fundamental business skills, and discover new ideas, ways of working, and the tools and frameworks that are essential to being an entrepreneur in the ‘age of acceleration’.
Triple accredited Business School
Accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad Opportunities
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- UG degree 2:2 in any subject and IELTS 7.0 or above no less than 6.0 in any section.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement detailing why they want to study the programme
- Applicants will be also considered if they have significant relevant work experience
UK fees per year:
International fees per year:
£1 million in Business School scholarships available
We want to ensure that postgraduate study remains accessible to the brightest minds of the future. We therefore have a range of full and part-fee scholarships for postgraduate students looking to study at the Business School in 2022. Please see our scholarships page for more information.
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* and Green Futures Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
Teaching and research
Innovative learning experiences
MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management is not your typical postgraduate programme. You will be exposed to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences, such as hackathons and design sprints, in conjunction with more traditional approaches such as lectures, group-work and tutorials.
You will ‘learn by doing’ with a small cohort of like-minded students, looking to disrupt traditional ways of working and affect change.
Every effort is made to offer a high standard of diverse learning experiences making each subject accessible. This will range from pre-online learning to one-to-one coaching.
Modules are assessed through a mixture of group work, coursework, project work and examinations; the weighting of each of these components will vary according to the academic requirements of the module.
University of Exeter Business School research has global impact, with the majority of our research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent.*
*Research Excellence Framework 2014
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Exeter Sustainable Finance Centre (ESF)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
The MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management will equip you to work quickly and confidently in identifying opportunities and transforming them into tangible ventures. This programme builds the knowledge and skills to allow you to determine your own career path, be that creating impact through social entrepreneurship, implementing innovation into a multinational organisation, accelerating the growth of a family business, or creating the next successful digital start-up in a garage – it’s up to you.
Opportunities range from working in large analytics and consultancy teams within corporations in sectors such as consulting, tech and finance, through to specialist analytical roles in areas such as procurement, HR, and marketing within smaller private, public and third sector organisations. The increasing importance of analytics skills within Executive Management teams means that students will also be well placed to succeed in Graduate Management schemes.
Developing your skills and career prospects
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our Student Startup page and our postgraduate Business School careers service web page for more information.
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Spend your first year at Exeter and a second year at another world class international institution, resulting in two Masters degrees and the opportunity to expand your knowledge even further. We offer two fantastic Double Degree options with:
- Grenoble Ecole de Management in France
- Fudan University School of Economics in China*
For more information on Double Degrees and other postgraduate study abroad opportunities, visit the Business School’s Study Abroad webpages.