- 1st for Overall Satisfaction in General Engineering in the National Student Survey 2014
- Study at a top 10 UK university within an engineering department ranked top 10 in The Guardian 2015, The Times and The Sunday Times 2014 Good University Guides
- A truly interdisciplinary approach to engineering research, enhanced by strong industrial links
- Professionally accredited MSc in Advanced Civil and Environmental Engineering and MSc in Engineering Management
- MSc in Water Management linked to a major research centre
Engineering at the University of Exeter has an international reputation for producing world-leading research, particularly in the areas of Materials and Manufacturing, Functional Materials, Water and Environment, and Renewable Energy.
We combine leading academics with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure to provide the perfect environment for research excellence and innovation. This helps create an energetic and vibrant academic community for our students and staff.
Our progressive research culture is underpinned by our continued investment, which has not only allowed us to retain key academics but complement them with a series of new, outstanding appointments, doubling our team in recent years.
Our extended academic team, together with a growing population of research students, contribute to a strong, dynamic and thriving research community. An investment of more than £5 million has also been spent on refurbishment and expansion of key facilities.
Our research centres, such as the Centre for Water Systems and Centre for Additive Layer Manufacturing, provide the focus for significant multi-disciplinary research activity, transferring technology between academia and industry.
Our research plays a pivotal role in the University's Science Strategy via the Functional Materials key theme.