- £3 million investment in new academic and student facilities
- Research expertise in climate modelling and statistics; control and dynamics; systems biology; astrophysical fluid flows and number theory
- A truly interdisciplinary approach to scientific research
- Wide range of exciting and high-impact research projects
- Strong research links with the Met Office in Exeter, including three joint professorships researching weather and climate system modelling
- Major international research centre in water management
We aspire to be a unique research unit unconstrained by traditional disciplinary boundaries, where new methodology in mathematics is explored, developed, and successfully applied to address cutting-edge problems in science, engineering and medicine. We aim for world-renowned excellence in research and teaching as a vibrant and attractive cross-disciplinary institute for Mathematical Sciences research.
Our reputation for high quality research is reflected in that fact that we are one of only four UK universities to enjoy an academic partnership with the Met Office. Our activities are based at the Streatham Campus in Exeter and at our Penryn Campus, near Falmouth in Cornwall.
We run a wide range of regular seminars and colloquia and host visits from internationally renowned scholars. These span a wide range of topics and provide students and academics from across the University with a platform to meet and discuss the latest research in mathematics.