- Top 14 in the world for Mining and Minerals Engineering
- Multidisciplinary expertise in mining and minerals engineering, geology and surveying
- World class research facilities include £2 million analytical mineralogy labs and an automated QEMSCAN scanning electron microscope; the first in any university worldwide
- Outstanding relationships and reputation with international industry
- High employability with major and junior mining and exploration companies, consultants and government agencies
- Based on our Penryn Campus in Cornwall, a beautiful and diverse county with amazing geosites on your doorstep
Based at the University’s £100 million Penryn Campus near Falmouth, the Camborne School of Mines (CSM) has an international reputation for research and teaching related to the understanding and management of the Earth's natural processes, resources and the environment.
We are a unique multidisciplinary department offering a range of specialised programmes, drawing upon our research expertise in mining and minerals engineering, applied geology and mineralogy, surveying and renewable energy.
CSM offer postgraduates an outstanding research environment with state-of-the-art analytical facilities and laboratories and have excellent rates of graduate employment.
"Studying in Cornwall has been really good. The facilities are great, there are several different types of labs, a lot of space for learning and loads of learning resources. The lecturers are always really helpful, supportive and there when you need them. The MSc Mining Geology programme has been really good as it covers all the aspects of all the different types of Geology. I’ve been able to learn a broad range of skills and the field trips have been great."
Omolara, MSc Mining Geology