Mining and Minerals Engineering 2018/19
- Top 16 in the world for Mining and Minerals Engineering
- 3rd for Mining Engineering in the National Student Survey 2016
- 4th for Materials and Mineral Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2014
- Outstanding relationships and reputation with international industry
- World class research facilities include £2 million analytical mineralogy labs and an automated QEMSCAN scanning electron microscope; the first in any university worldwide
- Industry-funded places; £2,000 scholarships available for some taught programmes
- Excellent graduate employment prospects
Based at our Penryn campus, the Camborne School of Mines has an international reputation for research and teaching related to the Earth’s natural processes, resources and environment. We are a unique multidisciplinary department that draws upon our expertise in mining and minerals engineering, applied geology and mineralogy, surveying and environmental science. With a long history of mining, and world-class geology on our doorstep, Cornwall is the perfect place to be.
Over the past 125 years, The CSM has pioneered the very best of technological advances in these fields. This has allowed us to form a strong standing in international industry and we have excellent relationships with companies from all over the world. As such, our graduates have great employment prospects and the vast majority are employed in areas related to their degree.
We offer postgraduates an outstanding research environment with state-of-the-art facilities. This includes £2 million analytical mineralogy labs, mineral processing labs, an automated QEMSCAN scanning electron microscope – the first in any University worldwide.
Professor Kip Jeffrey, Head of Camborne School of Mines
Our graduates go on to work with some exceptional companies. Join us and you could too
World class facilities
The Camborne School of Mines provides specialist analytical and research facilities. This includes geochemical and mineralogical labs, surveying equipment, GIS software, a materials engineering and physical separation lab.
Degrees in Cornwall
- MSc/PgDip Mining Engineering
- MSc Mining Geology
- MSc Applied Geotechnics
- MSc Surveying and Land/Environmental Management
- PgCert Mining Lifecycle (Professional)
- MSc Mining Engineering (Professional)
- MSc Tunnel Engineering
- MSc Geotechnical Engineering
- MSc Minerals Processing
- MSc Minerals Processing (Professional)