Mining and Minerals Engineering
- Top 16 in the world for Mining and Minerals Engineering
- 5th for Materials and Mineral Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- 5th for Materials Technology in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Comprehensive course with content relating to many varied roles within industry, including design, mechanics, logistics, geotechnics, project management and surveying
- World class research facilities include £2 million analytical mineralogy labs and an automated QEMSCAN scanning electron microscope; the first in any university worldwide
Based at our Penryn campus, the Camborne School of Mines (CSM) has an international reputation for research and teaching related to the Earth’s natural processes, resources and environment.
CSM provides specialist analytical and research facilities, including geochemical and mineralogical labs, surveying equipment, GIS software, a materials engineering and physical separation lab.
We place a strong emphasis on practical skills and fieldwork, with opportunities to visit a variety of mining sites throughout your studies.
Degrees in Cornwall
- MSc/PgDip Mining Engineering
- MSc Mining Engineering (Professional)
- MSc Mining Geology
- MSc Mining Environmental Management
- MSc/PgDip Surveying and Land/Environmental Management
- PgCert Mining Lifecycle (Professional)
- MSc Applied Geotechnics
- MSc Geotechnical Engineering
- MSc Tunnel Engineering
- MSc Minerals Processing
- MSc Minerals Processing (Professional)